Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Switzerland

Hello!

I am just on my way back to home base in France and I thought I’d give a quick recap of my wonderful weekend spent with my cousins and their families in Switzerland. Little back story: when I was just a wee thing, my cousins Josh and Jesse moved to Switzerland to ski and decided to stay there indefinitely (short version). Fast forward fifteen years and I’m practically their neighbour in France, okay not really, I did have to take a bus, a metro, a car, and three trains, but you get the idea. I had a couple of weeks off before my exams so I thought I’d trek on over and see what they have been raving about for years.

Their little town of Levron was nestled on the side of huge mountains, and the view was breathtaking. On the first day, everyone was at school or work so I did a bit of exploring/hiking and snapped a few pictures. Other than that, and during a little family walk, I didn’t really take any pictures mostly because I was either a) too busy admiring the view or b) snuggling their precious little kids. Yes, I forgot to mention I was lucky enough to play with their two toddlers and two babies the whole time! Being away at school, I never get to hold any babies or go nuts at the playground with little kids, so it was lovely to be around the kids (even through the screaming and the diaper changes).






I also have to mention that one of the days three-year-old Isaac, Josh and Corinne’s son, said that I had “Elsa hair”, as in Elsa from Frozen. Be still my heart, I love children.

Another time, I had made pancakes for the kids and one of them was eating away and said “I found a hair” and sure enough there was a blonde curly hair in his hand. When I asked if he found it on his plate, he replied “No, in my mouth”… Sorry buddy!



  
My visit was jam packed with fun activities such as eating raclette at a market, hiking up to a castle, spending time in the sauna, drinking vin chaud, and skating. I loved every minute of it and I can’t wait to go back to show the rest of my family what’s been hiding up there all these years!

Thanks so much Anna, Corinne, and les boys!

xox

Gaby




No comments:

Post a Comment