Thursday, December 18, 2014

Friendships

It's all over. Done and done. Tomorrow morning I'm catching a flight from Paris back to Canada and I still can't believe that my semester in France has come to a close. I am sitting in the Rouen train station as I write this post because there's a train strike so I have to wait another 3.5 hours before I can get on a train to Paris (Editor's note: I moved to a coffee shop cause I was freezing). From there I'll have to take a metro to the airport which will be quite the sight because I have about 70 lbs of luggage! #weighttraining

(I started that post four days ago, since then I am HOME)

What a good time to tell you a bit about my exchange! I have learned so much and seen so many places, but what I'm really going to walk away with is amazing friendships. The exchange students I embarked on this journey with are all amazing people and I had so much fun figuring out France with them. I'm really going to miss living in residence. In my first year at Bishop's, my floor wasn't very tight knit and I missed being able to cook. Whereas at the NEOMA Business School, I was in the international residence with all my friends and I had my own kitchenette and it was the BEST DECISION! 

We had so many memorable nights staying in, just having a ball cooking dinners together or watching Jane Austen mini series (BBC's Emma if you were wondering). Maggie and I also got a group of people hooked on Serial, a podcast, and it awesome to all pile onto someone's bed and drink tea and eat cake while listening to a riveting episode.

I also loved my roommate! Although we didn't technically share a room, we did share a bathroom and a little hallway connecting our rooms, so it was nice to have someone I liked and trusted. Sam was so wonderful to have right there and I'm really going to miss just yelling through the wall "I JUST PUT THE KETTLE ON. DO YOU WANT TEA?". Also, that girl can do wonders with a straightening iron!!

Another thing that was truly great was studying abroad with my best friend, Maggie. At first we were like an old married couple bickering about everything ("You're squeezing the toothpaste weirdly!"), but by the end of the exchange we were finishing each others' sentences and sandwiches (sorry for the Frozen joke). They say travelling is a real test of friendships and I think we passed with flying colours!! 

So here's to all the laughs, the communal dinners, the movie nights, the dance parties, the countless trains we nearly missed, the weird carpoolers, and the nights we had enough wine to sink a ship! I'm going to miss all of you xox



No comments:

Post a Comment