Sunday, December 21, 2014

Oatmeal Add-ins

With a house full of visiting friends and loved ones, it’s easy to forget things or not have time to think about anything other than the big turkey dinner. This holiday season, don’t leave breakfast out!! Some say it’s the most important meal of the day, I don’t know about that, but I do know that no ones wants hangry relatives nosily poking their heads into the kitchen. I have a solution!! Wait for it… An oatmeal breakfast buffet! Or not necessarily oatmeal, because not everyone likes oatmeal, but any type of self-serve customizable dish is usual a great idea. Last fall, I made a grilled cheese bar for my birthday and it was THE BIGGEST hit! Everyone gets what they want, and there’s no running around trying to “effortlessly" incorporate last night’s stuffing into an egg casserole.

Here are some things I like to eat with oatmeal:
  • Chopped dates and cranberries (or any dried fruit to add a little chewiness)
  • TONS of fresh fruit, my favourite fruit in my oatmeal is bananas!
  • Ground flax seed
  • Hemp hearts
  • Pepita seeds
  • Goji berries
  • Maple syrup or agave
  • Coconut
  • Nuts (roasted pecans or walnuts are sooo good, and almonds too)



No comments:

Post a Comment