Saturday, November 9, 2013

Hello Old Friend

Hiiiii!

Woah, this time it really has been too long! The past few weeks have gone by in a whirlwind and I'm so glad I can finally blog again. I had a little hiccup in my blogging a few weeks ago. As a true food blogger my laptop is always around food and drink... And my beautiful little piece of technology was having a bit of a nap because of said food and drink. With a little help from the computer Gods (a.k.a. the Apple store) and wishing on every 11:11, my laptop is in tip top shape and I'm ready to rock and roll.

Since I last posted, a lot of exciting things have happened to me. First, I got a position on the Bishop's University Commerce Society (BUCS) as Relations Executive Assistant. I am so pumped about my new role and I look forward to working with the profs of the Williams School of Business. I am also organizing the first BU Knitting Club meeting of the semester. I've had such great feedback on Facebook and our school's e-mail newsletter, that I am eager to see all the new faces this Thursday. Speaking of Thursday, it's my birthday in less than a week and I don't fool around with birthday parties. This year I've decided to go with a girl's-night-in theme with a hint of classic childhood birthday party staples, think loot bags and party games. I am thinking of dedicating a post to it, in the coming weeks.

On another note here's a recipe that will knock your socks off! I made them for Ellen's birthday and we polished off the leftovers in no time at all.

Sandy's Meatballs

Meatballs:
- 2 lbs of beef
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt

Sauce:
- 1 bottle VH garlic spareribs sauce
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water 
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard 

Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together and forms 2 inch balls. Place in an oven proof dish.

2. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl then pour over the meatballs. 

3. Cook at 350 degrees for one hour. 

4. Serve over egg noodles or rice.



Enjoy!

xox Gaby

p.s. Shout out to Ariane for coming home to me last night, curled up in the fetal position under my covers clutching onto my phone scared that there was a man lurking around our house. I was obviously paranoid but I SWEAR I heard footsteps and then an alarm went off nearby. Anyways, she warded off all the monsters and I was able to fall asleep. You da best, roomie!!

1 comment: