Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pizzas and Midterms

Hi lovelies,

Erica and her little munchkins
Doesn't it feel like forever ago that I wrote a post? I have been super busy with school seeing as I had two midterms last week and I have three coming up this week. I actually have two tomorrow but my Dad always used to tell me that you should relax the night before a big test if you feel you've studied enough. Watch a movie, go for a walk, write a blog post, or whatever else calms your nerves. So that's what I'm doing!

I have been keeping sane with various school events this week such as volunteering at the Shoot for the Cure women's basketball tournament and pumpkin picking with Big Buddies. I don't have a little buddy this year since I am the club's Vice President of Finance, but I have my hands full and this way I get to meet all the kids!


We're so cool!
On Tuesday night, I went to the Business Wine & Cheese event at the campus pub and it was a nice study break, plus we got free food and drinks. I stayed till the end of the event to help clean everything up and I pounced on the leftover bruschetta. We brought some supplies back to Dewies, our campus dining hall and I may or may not have taken a few (too many) cookies!! I asked the the cashier and I guess my undeniable charm is what got to him ;)

With the leftover bruschetta I made this excellent pizza!



Pesto Pizza with Herbed Cream Cheese

➝ Two Variations: Salmon or Bruschetta

Ingredients:
- 1 package of naan bread (two pieces)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, or however much you like on your pizza
- 2 Tbsp of pesto
- ¼ cup of chopped onion
- ⅓ cup herb and garlic cream cheese
- Bruschetta ~ or ~ Salmon

Other good add ins:
- Pears
- Artichoke hearts

Instructions:
✿ Spread 1 Tbsp of pesto on each piece of naan bread. Sometimes I add a little olive oil so it's more spreadable.

✿ Then grate the mozzarella cheese on top of the pesto.

✿ Top with chopped onion and bruschetta, or salmon. If you're using salmon, I just fried a thin fist sized portion of salmon in a pan for a few minutes then chopped it up into pieces and placed it on top of the cheese.

✿ Scoop the cream cheese by tsp (so they're little globs) onto the pizzas.

✿ Bake at 400℉ until cheese has melted or until desired crispiness is achieved (~7-10 min)

Pesto Pizza
Bruschetta Pizza

Enjoy! I should probably end the post here so I can get my beauty sleep before my 8:30 AM midterm.

Ciao!

Gaby

1 comment: