Thursday, November 14, 2013

So you think you can knit?

Hello my lovelies,

Today is a special day because it's Prince Charles's birthday! Oh, and mine too :) This is yet another example of how I'm related to the Royal family. On that note, look at this cute picture I found:
What gossips!!

I am getting really excited because this weekend one of my best friends, Maggie, is coming to visit me!! I love visitors so this will be great fun! My friends are also hosting a Great GABspy party on Saturday night that will be a bigger crowd than my birthday dinner party on Friday. I have a strict budget to follow and so far I'm on track. The grocery store must think I'm trying to murder a lactose intolerant person because I bought three big blocks of cheese, spreadable herbed cheese, goat cheese, and 2 giant things of ice cream. If I haven't mentioned, I'm having a small gathering on Friday night with a grilled cheese bar. Yes, you heard right. A grilled cheese bar. I'm pretty pumped too :)

On another note, tonight is my first knitting club meeting of the year. Last year, this lovely woman in our community offered to teach Bishop's students how to knit. I jumped on the occasion and LOVED it! Wendy is so sweet and such a good teacher. She even offered to Skype with us if we got our stitch mixed up. She really brought us together and we're going to donate the hats we made to a refugee centre this winter. I stepped up to the plate this year and sent in the appropriate forms to our student representative council so that we can get some funding. I have gotten incredible demand for the club and we're going to have over 30 knitters this season!!! I can't wait for tonight.

Okay, okay, I'll get to what this blog is supposed to be about. Here is a recipe that I made a few weeks ago on a cold afternoon. They are delicious and a must try!!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

Recipe from Ambitious Kitchen

Ingredients
  • 1 ¼ cup quick oats
  • 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ cup melted coconut oil
  • ¾ cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened is fine)
  • ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
  • 2 teaspoons milk
Instructions
✿ Preheat oven to 350 degrees ℉. 
✿ In large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
✿ In bowl of an electric mixer beat together melted coconut oil and brown sugar until smooth. Add in egg, milk and vanilla; beat again for 2 minutes or until smooth.
✿ Add in flour & oat mixture to the wet ingredients; mixing until well combined. Slowly add in coconut and chocolate chunks.
✿ Drop dough with cookie scoop or by large rounded tablespoons onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges just being to turn a golden brown. Do not over bake; we don’t want crispy cookies! Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Makes 2 dozen.


 Enjoy!!

p.s. Watch this video. I never cry at movies, but tears were just rolling down my face this morning when I watched this. If you're wondering, yes, I watched the full 27 minutes… pathetic I know.




2 comments:

  1. Gabs, you are so cute! I would be all over your knitting club if I was at Bishop's!

    Hope your bday is a blast :) xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you knit Lindsay!? We'll have to share patterns

      Delete