Sunday, April 26, 2015

Veggie Sandwich

Hello! I made a really yummy dinner this evening and I can't help but share it here on B@M. This past week, I have been kind of leaning towards more veggie based meals, I'm not saying I've gone full on vegetarian mode, but I'm definitely being more mindful about how much meat I eat. I watched a documentary about salmon recently (prime example of exam procrastination) and it really got me thinking about what we eat. That, paired with the phrase "is this good for my body" that my mom heard at yoga, has got me thinking exactly what am I consuming?
... How cheesy it that ;)

So if anybody has any good documentaries, websites, or advice about eating less meat I'm all ears!!


This is more of a compilation than anything but please enjoy these recipes I've found because they were MOUTHWATERING (and bonus: meatless)!!

Kale Caesar Salad from A Cup of Jo (the only blog I read daily). I've made this caesar vinaigrette countless times but this was the first time I used a food processor to blend it. It honestly made ALL the difference!

Ingredients
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp mustard powder
- 1½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil

✿ Blend all together in a food processor or mix by hand. Toss into washed, relaxed kale.

Chickpea Avocado & Pesto Sandwich from Two Peas & Their Pod. This mix is also great for eating with tortilla chips.

Ingredients
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large avocado
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice

✿ Smash all ingredients together and spread on toast!

Grilled Veggies
My mom just bought one of these as seen on TV Yoshi BBQ mats and they are AMAZING! I could go on for days or you could watch the informercial. Who's ever tried to fry an egg on a barbecue??? That's my question after watching the "before" part of the video clip. Hahaha!

Enjoy your night! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment