Saturday, May 9, 2015

Foodie Gift Basket

Happy weekend! 

I hope you aren't all dying in this heat wave that's suddenly upon us. I finished my first week back at my office (in the HR department) and it felt so nice to have such a warm welcome back. It's sad that I can't frolic around town biking and doing yoga mid day anymore, but at least I'll be in good company for the rest of the summer. My calendar is bursting with fun stuff for the next couple of weeks too, so I'm sure I'll have a couple stories to tell you.

Today, I have a little gift idea for you guys! For my 19th birthday, I had a bunch of friends over for a grilled cheese bar and games and I really wasn't expecting gifts but some of my friends gave me the best gift: A foodie basket!! It was perfect because they gave me a bunch of things I would never buy in my regular grocery haul but that were delicious and thoughtful. There were yummy cheeses, crusty breads, vegetable pâté, sparkling cider, and a bunch of other little things that left me with a full tummy and happy tastebuds.

For Mother's Day and for my dad's birthday, which just happen to fall within two days of each other, I decided to go to a variety of grocery stores, shops, and bakeries to pick out a couple of things for my parents (and this way I could dig in too...). I headed to Whole Foods, Thyme & Again, The Ottawa Bagelshop, Art is In, and the Real Canadian Superstore for my treats.

Why food baskets are great:
1) You can customize them with your loved one's favourite treats.
2) They can be as extravagant as you want or can be super inexpensive.
3) It's fun to explain to the recipient of your basket where and why you chose each item. 







Happy birthday dad
&
Happy Mother's Day mom

xox








2 comments:

  1. I adore food baskets more than any other gift!!! Everything here looks so carefully selected and yummy!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren
    adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. gift ideas for him

    ReplyDelete