Friday, March 28, 2014

Roasted Squash and Goat Cheese Crostini

Hello lovelies,

I sure hope you aren't too upset about the never ending snow we seem to keep getting. Don't worry, just think about all the warm summer months that are right around the corner. I can't wait for the homemade lemonade, weekend trips to cottages, biking to markets, and wearing sundresses again (who am I kidding, I wear sundresses year round!!). I have an absurdly long exam period, so I'll have to be super optimistic or else I know I'll start pulling my hair out with the anticipation of waiting for weeks before I get to go home.

I have more exciting news for y'all. I'm going to spend my fall semester studying abroad in Rouen, France. I am thrilled to say the least about the whole thing! I can't wait to spend four months parading around Europe, and to make things even better, my best friend Maggie will be there with me!! I can only the imagine what we'll get up to. So if you have ANY advice about travelling in Europe or France, or studying abroad, or if you want to crash on my floor while I'm there, shoot me an email at gaby.patenaude@gmail.com. I'd LOVE to hear from you. Even if it's just to say that one time you saw this one thing in this one town, I want to know any bit of insight I can get my hands on. 

My home in the fall

I present to you a recipe that I made for dinner a little while ago. I love love love bread and cheese, which is why I could never go vegan or gluten-free. This recipe combines both, with roasted squash and green onions on top. Delicious! Paired with a nice salad, these roasted squash and goat cheese crostini are perfect for dinner, or serve them alone as an appetizer.

Roasted Squash and Goat Cheese Crostini

Ingredients
- 2 cups of seeded, peeled butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Baguette, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, halved
- 1/2 cup soft goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely chopped green onions

Instructions
✿ On greased rimmed baking sheet, toss together squash, oil, salt and pepper. Roast in 425 F oven, turning once, until tender and golden, about 20 minutes. 

✿ Meanwhile, arrange baguette slices on separate rimmed baking sheet; add to oven and bake until light golden, about 5 minutes. Rub cut side of garlic over crostini. In bowl, combine goat cheese, milk and lemon juice; spread over crostini. 

✿ Top with squash. Sprinkle with chopped green onion.


Enjoy!

xox Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment