Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pecan Pie

Hi guys,

The other day I said that I made a pecan pie, but I didn't post it until my cousin Lindsay requested it! Speaking of my lovely cousins Lindsay and Lisa, these great girls got me the most wonderful "welcome to the blogosphere"  gift and I was so excited when it came in the mail. I will most definitely be using the bamboo cutting board and knife for my kitchen adventures.




Ok, ok, here is the recipe from the Sugar Sugar cookbook. 

Lucinda Bell's $100 Pecan Pie

Ingredients

- 1 single-crust pie shell, unbaked ** Confession time: I used a store bought pie shell, I know, I know, that's like kicking a puppy or stealing from the poor but it was a weeknight and I was in a hurry.**
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans

✿ Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the rolled-out pie dough in a 9-inch pie plate and flute the edge. 

✿ Place the sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy (I used a handheld mixer and that was alright). Reduce the speed to low and add thee eggs, one at a time, mixing just until each is incorporated. Add the corn syrup and vanilla extract. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to fold in the pecans. Pour the filling into the pie shell and bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely before cutting.

✿ I needed to cook the pie for a little longer (5 minutes more) and let it set in the fridge for an hour because it was really jiggly when it came out of the oven.


Enjoy it, it's rich and decadent, but totally worth the extra calories ;)

xox Gaby



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, that pie sounds super easy - only one bowl!!

    Glad you like your presents :)

    ReplyDelete