Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Appie Hack

Hello! I am home for the holidays and ready to get cooking, baking, eating, and photographing up a storm. One of my favourite food brands, President's Choice, just came out with their holiday collection and I'm so excited!! When I was in studying in France last year, I did a project and presentation on President's Choice for my brand marketing class and fell even more in love with this trusted Canadian brand. I love how all their products are always of excellent quality and so on point with food trends, as well as being affordable for a starving student. Plus their new website design includes tons of recipes and analytics on trending foods around the country... basically my dream come true! So when I was on their Instagram page the other day and saw that they were looking for people to try out their new collection I jumped at the opportunity faster than you can say "the PC cookie butter is on sale for three dollars!".

The post was making a call for appie hacks and recently I've been obsessed with pomegranates so I figured my recent cooking motto, "when in doubt, add pomegranate seeds" would apply to appetizers too!



I then headed into the nearest store that sells President's Choice products and went ham on buying fresh fruits and veggies to make the tastiest appie for the holidays. I settled on this mango salsa recipe I posted a little while ago but with a little twist... I added pomegranate seeds!! They're honestly the best way to spice up any dish, whether its dressing up a cheese plate, topping your yogurt and smoothies, or tossing a few into dips and on hors d'oeuvres.



Another food hack?? Using President's Choice products! For this recipe I used PC Market Trio Tomatoes for the salsa and then threw some PC Appetizer Flatbreads topped with PC Soft Unripened Goat's Milk Cheese into the oven. I then loaded the fresh juicy salsa onto the crisp cheesy flatbread and cut it into strips for a quick and easy appetizer. It was refreshing to have something that wasn't dripping with grease, when the holidays are definitely a time for heavy foods.



The recipe is posted in my Crostini with Mango Salsa post, but I snapped some pictures today for fun  to show just how good PC products can make any classic family recipe.





Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment