Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fish and Fresh Starts

Hi lovelies,

Happy middle of January!! I have been back to school for a week (that took me way too long to figure out), but man oh man it feels like longer. I have been so mixed up with my days, it's definitely going to take some time to get used to doing something other than eating and reading all day. Last weekend, I went to the Bishop's Business Bootcamp to spruce up my resume writing, interview, and networking skills, but in all honesty I was most excited about wearing a blazer and having the "professional photo shoot". Those quotations marks were definitely necessary because it ended up being a point and shoot on a tripod and a purple wall as our back drop. Lame… I know. Now that I'm back into the swing of things I figured that meant blog post time!!

I just spent way to much time making this year in review collage, I might as well share it:

It makes me so happy to see such a wonderful year! I am hoping this year will be filled with as many or more adventures and new friends. Here is a recipe for fish and chips! The best part of this recipe is the Lemon-Chili Mayo. It's sooooo delicious with fish, burgers, or fries. I made a side of sweet potato fries to accompany these easy fish cakes

Not Your Mother's Fish and Chips

Ingredients
- 1 rib celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 450g firm white-fleshed fish filets (such as halibut), coarsely chopped
- 3/4 fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder

Lemon-Chili Mayo:
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder

Instructions
✿ In a food processor, pulse together celery, green onions, and parsley until finely chopped. Scrape into bowl.

✿ Add fish to food processor, pulse until fine but not puréed. Add to bowl; mix in bread crumbs, egg, mustard, and pepper. Divide into 8 portions, form into 1/2-inch thick patties.

✿ In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook fish cakes, turning once, until golden and firm to touch, 8 to 10 minutes.

For the Lemon-Chili Mayo:
✿ Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice and chili powder. Serve with fish cakes.



Yum!!! Now excuse me, I have to scoot over to my friends' house for pizza and to watch Prisoners. A.K.A. excuse me while I go pee myself every too seconds out of fear.

Ciao!

Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment