Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lobsters and Labour Day

Hi guys!

I am finally settled into my house in Lennoxville and I'm loving it! I will post pictures as soon as everything is put away and my room is decorated. I started some DIY decorations for my room yesterday but then got distracted by visitors and now my room looks like the clearance section at Michael's. Since my housemates (Ellen, Sara, and Ariane) and I don't have internet yet, I am camped out in the library using their internet.

I have started cooking and some of the recipes I've made so far include the Green Monster smoothie, and the cauliflower pasta. I went grocery shopping before my mom and Steffi left on Sunday and my cart was overflowing. At least I have stuff to put in my cupboards now! I'm super pumped though cause Sara's grandparents got us a NutriBullet (made by Magic Bullet) and I've already tested it out! We also have enough tupperware to have a startup business so I will be making tons of meals and freezing them. But for now, I'm going to a free supper in a church basement with friends #studentliving.



I left my muffin recipe in my kitchen so I can't share it with you now, but one day I will for sure. Instead, I can tell you guys about my amazing trip to Maine. As you might know from reading my Montreal post, I love seafood, so I'm in heaven in Maine. One of my favourite things to do there is go to Red's Eats lobster shack. They have the most amazing lobster rolls with more than a whole lobster's meat in EACH ONE! They have been written about in so many magazines such as Bon Appétit. I once read a fictional book where the author added that the characters ate there! I felt so in the know.

Here are some pictures from our trip!

At the Pemequid Lighthouse

 


My absolute favourite candies! Only at the Granite General Store in Round Pound, ME



I die every time #fatchild

Hey there handsome!

Sea kayaking 



The view from our cottage 

Too bad Britt wasn't there :(

When we attempted to ride in the row boat. #Thenotebook
I had a fantastic summer and an amazing trip but I'm glad to be back. There's something unbelievably welcoming about Bishop's and it's nice to walk down the street and run into four people you know within the first few minutes. The best thing happened to me today. I was in the bookstore with Sara and Ellen and I saw a froshie checking out a psych book. I knew that that book was for a class I took last year so I used my upper year wisdom and told her that she doesn't need the book and the prof even recommends not buying it. She was really happy that I saved her $180 and I was even happier because she was like "Hey, you have a cooking blog right?" and I was all like "Ya! That's so cool that you recognized me" but on the inside I was like "HOLY SMOKES, I'M FAMOUS". So if you're reading Emma, thanks for making my day.  

See you on the flip side folks.

- Gaby


1 comment:

  1. haha! congrats on the newfound fame! You're a celebrity!

    ReplyDelete