Saturday, August 10, 2013

No Cheese Mac & Cheese

Hello!

I cannot believe that it's already July August! I am so excited about going back to Bishop's I can hardly hold a smile back just thinking about it. It makes me laugh how all my BU friends have been crowding my Facebook and Twitter feeds with countdowns. It goes to show how all our school's students love it so much. I went to Canadian Tire today and bought a whole bunch of kitchen stuff. I had been getting a few things here and there but I went all out today at CT.

I am starting to take this whole blogging thing seriously and I'm spiffing up my editing skills with the two pictures I added to the right side bar of my blog. When you have the time, blogging is really fun and it keeps surprising me how many people are actually reading this!

The recipe for this post is Cauliflower Alfredo. It's great because instead of using cheese it uses cauliflower which is packed with nutrients and less calories. Don't worry though, it is still creamy and you would THINK there was a load of cheese in it, that's how delicious it is!

Cauliflower Alfredo

From Chocolate-Covered Katie

- 1 ½ cups raw cauliflower
¼ tsp garlic powder, or 2 tsp mince
½ tsp salt 
- 2 tbsp butter (or sub 2 tbsp olive oil and a little extra salt if needed) 
- 1 cup milk 

Optional: I add dried rosemary and pepper. 
You don't even know how much I love dried rosemary. Tip: Rub it between your hands before you sprinkle it on to bring out the flavour.

✿ Put all ingredients into a medium pot and bring to a complete boil, then cover and simmer 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fall-apart tender. 

✿ Pulverize with either an immersion or regular blender. 


✿ Serve over cooked linguine, elbow pasta, or spaghetti squash, rice, steamed veggies, or whatever! 
✿ Makes about 2 cups, and it gets much thicker as it sits.
And guess what... It's only 5 calories for a Tbsp :) You'll need more than that, but it's a good figure to know!!
Lots of love,
Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment