Sunday, August 24, 2014

Nini's Chocolate Chip Cake

Salut tout le monde,

I'm writing this post in the Apple store in the Rideau Center... Just some last minute technology help (typical). Tomorrow I'm embarking on my HUGE journey to France, with a little vacation in Barcelona beforehand!! I am so excited I couldn't sleep last night! Even though this summer has been hectic with planning trains, planes, hostels, apartments, courses, insurance, visas, etc. it is all going to be soooooo worth it. 

I had such an amazing summer with friends, family, and coworkers that it's a little bittersweet to leave it all behind, but that's life!! And by the looks of things this is going to be quite the adventure. 

I have had numerous requests to send email updates to you lovelies back home, so I've decided to post on this blog. So for the upcoming semester I will use this blog for updates from around the world, as well as tips on how to cook with a hotplate and very limited fridge space! I've been googling and searching in Pinterest for "stove-top dinners" and "no cook dinners" but wish me luck!!! See you on the flip side homies!


Before I leave, I want to leave you guys with one of my all time favourite family recipes. I've been meaning to post it for SO LONG but my family and dinner guests usually eat it up before I have time to take a picture. Luckily I snapped one last Thursday for Steffi's birthday. It's my aunt Nini's recipe but I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I shared it!

Nini's Chocolate Chip Cake

- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips

Instructions

 Blend together the butter, eggs, sugar.

✿ Add sour cream, milk, vanilla, and mix well.

✿ Then add flour, baking powder, and baking soda.

✿ Once all is mixed, add the chocolate chips.

✿ Pour into greased and floured bundt pan. 

✿ Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.

✿ Remove from the pan to cool by flipping upside down onto a plate.



This is such a classic in our family because it's simple, yet delicious!!!

Much love
xox

Gaby

1 comment:

  1. This is the BEST cake recipe out there. Good Luck in your travels this week Gabs and arrival in France. Can't wait to read the updates here! xo Moni

    ReplyDelete